How affiliate partnerships supercharged revenue at Honey
When Delaney kicked off her affiliate marketing career at Honey (acq. by PayPal) in 2016, that sector of the marketing landscape was still dormant.
Yet, in due time, Honey would revolutionize the affiliate industry.
At a glance, Delaney’s role entailed:
- Managing 10 Affiliate Networks - acquiring thousands of Affiliate Partners for Honey.
- Conveying the value of Honey to Affiliate Partners and negotiating commissions to drive consistent revenue.
- Expanding Honey into the international market.
“I talked about Honey all day, every day to anyone that was willing to listen,” Delaney recalls. The work clearly paid off.
By the end of her time at Honey, Delaney’s team had acquired nearly 15,000 Affiliate Partners and brought in millions of dollars in revenue.
Down the line, Delaney admits she was unsure how she could follow up her accomplishments at Honey with another affiliate role — until she met the Kasheesh team.
To her surprise, she found a consumer finance tool with (arguably) an even stronger value prop for affiliate partners.
"I realized very quickly, like Honey, Kasheesh is a win for users and partners and found myself (again) having too much fun talking about Kasheesh all day."
The Kasheesh playbook for value-add affiliate marketing
At a high level, affiliate marketing is a marketing process where affiliates receive a commission (AKA cash payment) for each visit, sign-up, or sale they generate for a merchant.
For instance, since Kasheesh holds an affiliate partnership with Amazon every time an Amazon customer pays for their purchase using Kasheesh, we earn a commission.
This is where Delaney and her team come in:
When Kasheesh partners with a brand through the affiliate ecosystem, the team works tirelessly to optimize the merchants checkout experience with Kasheesh.
At a glance, these partnerships result in a dual value-add:
- The end consumer benefits from Kasheesh’s core functionality: Kasheesh’s value to Users: consolidating spending power by splitting purchases across the cards they already have in their wallet — elevating their financial freedom and health.
- Kasheesh’s value to Affiliate Partners: reducing cart abandonment, converting users, and increasing AOV on partnered sites.
How do affiliate partners benefit from Kasheesh?
While Kasheesh’s ultimate mission is creating inclusive and intelligent shopping experiences for anyone who feels limited by traditional banking and payment processes, our product also brings substantial value to the merchants.
So far, Kasheesh’s affiliate partners have collectively experienced:
- A 12% lift in AOV
- A 15% lift in conversion rates
- A roughly 7% decrease in cart abandonment
Delaney attributes these impressive numbers to one finding:
When merchants offer flexible payment solutions to their shoppers, they not only increase the likelihood of purchases but also eliminate the risk of losing potential customers who may hesitate due to concerns about the financial burden.
How do consumers benefit from Kasheesh?
At the end of the day, Kasheesh was built to provide value to the everyday consumer trying to finance their needs and wants.
Whether the user is paying for groceries or essential bills or looking to splurge on a gift for themselves, Kasheesh can split the cost across your various debit and credit cards, preventing strain on any one account.
Alternatively, Kasheesh still benefits consumers who aren’t in need of financial empowerment. After all, our team has found that Kasheesh users often show much larger AOV, seeing as they’re able to split costs.
In response, Kasheesh is seeking more and more partners with higher AOV — whether their customers are purchasing engagement rings, plane tickets, or furniture sets.
“It hits for all markets,” explains Delaney, “By providing flexible payment solutions, Kasheesh can cater to customers' desire for instant gratification while promoting responsible spending habits.”
Why is Kasheesh considered so unique in the payments realm?
When you look at the present-day eCommerce landscape, the most common payment solutions (both traditional and alternative) have failed to support the modern consumer.
For instance, while Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL) platforms are the most popular alternative payment tool with many benefits, they can often hit the customer with downstream interest rates and fees — adding a new layer of financial strain.
By extension, when merchants fail to offer other payment options, they stand to potentially harm customers financially.
This essentially ties your shopper’s hands, forcing them to accept specific terms or live without the payment flexibility.
“And that’s why Kasheesh is an amazing company,” says Delaney. “We are changing those narratives” — in three keys ways:
- Kasheesh stands apart from deceptive alternative payment tools by prioritizing users above all else.
- Kasheesh offers a safe alternative payment method that allows users to finance their needs without increasing financial burdens.
- Kasheesh tackles the issue of splitting purchases across cards in a digital era, aiming to create evolving solutions that cater to the needs of today's shoppers.
What can Kasheesh users and partners expect next?
In terms of the big picture, Delaney sees Kasheesh as an all-in-one payment ecosystem.
Consumers can access critical savings and financial education — all in one place.
- Savings — “We diligently pursue the highest possible savings for our users whenever and wherever we can.” Most recently, that’s taken the form of Kasheesh’s rollout of our coupons feature. Down the line, Delaney envisions a loyalty program to help shoppers earn money on the back end.
- Financial education — With AI technology, our allocation model will provide personalized guidance to users as they spend. Unlike stagnant and impersonal alternatives, we accompany you wherever you are, ensuring a personalized approach to how you manage and spend your money.
"I'm immensely proud of Kasheesh's dedication to our users' well-being and empowering them to take control of their financial future. Our unique value proposition, driven by disruptive innovation, industry recognition, and expert validation, sets us apart. Together, we are revolutionizing spending, reshaping the industry, and signaling the potential for an ecosystem revolution."